- Target Audience
This workshop will offer an overview and implementation of Project Management. The course is designed is based on the perspective of improving project delivery, which is one metric of a Project Management success; and practically it is an important measure. The industry that have implemented Project Management need to ensure the Project Management is providing expected results, and adding value to the business. This course will provide strategies and tactics to enable process improvement for a currently established project management procedure in the organization executing projects.
The workshop shall provide the capabilities to the participants in determining how best to use the Project Management methodology for organization advantage, and how to develop and use a competency model for project professionals involving in the projects.
Discover methods to implement the typical project management and the specific functions which should be performed as related to project implementation.
Assess the maturity of your project management team and recognize its contribution to professional responsibility in project management.
The workshop is built around a series of consecutive structured lectures, class exercises, and class discussions with the perspectives of project management. The scope of the course includes discussion of the components of the Project Management Knowledge including: Recognize critical characteristics of a PM team to foster organizational success in implementing the projects , prevent runaway projects, conduct a project audit , perform a competency analysis, identify key roles and responsibilities in project implementation, prepare a Project Charter, conduct an project implementation assessment, establish metrics for gauging and monitoring performance, develop a project implementation plan, use the project management best practices to promote professional responsibility as related information technology projects.
At the completion of the course participants shall benefit from the course such as:
• Gain an in-depth understanding of the Project Management Knowledge a well designed in the project implementation methodology, and effectively shall have the capability to effectively implement the knowledge
• What project management is all about and how to approach it successfully.
• The selection of a project manager and defining the goals of the project.
• The importance of planning, management, team building, and organization.
• The issue of budgeting in project management, including cost budgeting and personnel budgeting.
• The importance of estimating, guessing, and milestones in project scheduling.
• How leadership and communication affect project management.
• How variables and risks should be approached when planning a project
Senior and Middle Project Managers with responsibility for the project execution, and Project Management team including Methodology and Functional Experts, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators. Managers wishing to increase or update their knowledge of project management methodology functions and processes. Others with an interest in improving project management results within their organizations, and who would benefit from an understanding of the project management knowledge as related to project implementation. Direct involvement in a particular project, either as a project manager or as a staff member, then this training becomes a recommended prerequisite.