Supply Chain Management
- Target Audience
This course shall describe a contemporary and international supply chain management. The increasing integration of all functions of the firm requires that supply chain professionals must be aware of the impact that logistical decision-making has on other elements of the firm’s strategic goals and objectives. In addition, the current logistics and supply chain professional must have an awareness of the changes in and increased use of technology, emphasis on strategic planning, and supply chain integration as a competitive imperative, and the practice of supply chain is a professional discipline.
Participants will be expected to gain a working understanding of how to identify reference and implement logistics management and control policies, standards and related supply chain/ logistics operation standards. Regarding the latter, the objective is to learn how to identify and interpret the requirements of the standards and. implement the standards in the logistics process.
Each class session will include discussion on logistics management, security, control or supply chain management issues that participants should be familiar with.
• To promote recognition and acceptance of professional status for people involved in supply chain operations among other areas of business management.
• To develop performance standards and operational guidelines that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of supply chain management.
• To increase the degree to which the individual gains personal confidence, satisfaction, and pride from direct involvement in supply chain management and operations.
• The use of technology and information systems to provide the basis for firm- and supply chain-wide integration and cooperation is necessary for successful operations.
• The course shall deliver benefits to the participants such as:
- Improves employment marketability.
- Taught by leading professionals in the field.
- Prepares student for employment in various industries.
- Combines broad education in logistics and field visit to local warehouse.
- Exposes student to emerging processes and technologies in industrial supply chain management and operations.
• Supply chain/Logistics Managers
• Business Managers
• Logistics and operation staff